What’s Another Word for Encourage?
Many people want to know what’s another word for encourage!
Here is a short list of 12 words that can be considered alternative words for encourage:
Please tune into my weekly Encouragement 511 Podcast for a new encouraging word of the week!
Here’s the list. Please scroll down for each words definition!
Here are the definitions and a sentence to go along with each of the 12 words!
Remember, we introduce an encouraging word of the week, each week, on the Encouragement 511 Podcast! Hope you can tune in on Spotify, Tune'in, Audible, Player.FM or other podcast platforms!
- Boost: (Verb) To lift or raise. / (Noun) A source of help or encouragement leading to improvement.
(“The financial donation was a real boost to the not-for-profit!”)
- Cheer: (Noun) A shout of encouragement, approval or congratulations.
(“A loud cheer was heard as the graduate walked across the stage!”)
- Comfort: (Verb) To soothe, console or reassure.
(“The minister offered a few words of comfort to the family.”)
- Embolden: (Verb) To give someone the courage or confidence to do something or to behave in a certain way.
(“She felt emboldened to approach the school board after another mom confided in her.”)
- Inspire: (Verb) To fill with an urge, or quickening, to become or do something.
(“Reading the book inspired him to learn more about the topic.”)
- Invigorate: (Verb) To fill with energy, life or strength, energize.
(“If exercise can invigorate the body, a great podcast like the Encouragement 511 podcast can invigorate the mind and spirit!”)
- Motivate: (Verb) To provide with a motive, cause or reason to act. To stimulate enthusiasm for being or doing something.
(“The dad wanted to motivate his children to read so he bought them a book, Chris Gets the Hiccups, that they’d really enjoy.”)
- Reassure: (Verb) To say or do something to alleviate doubt or fear. To restore assurance or confidence.
(“One goal of great coaches is simply to help each client reassure themself!”)
- Stimulate: (Verb) To arouse to action or effort through encouragement.
(“The seminar participants were stimulated by the ideas provided by Al Argo.”)
- Strengthen: (Verb) To make stronger or give strength to.
(“My doctor suggested doing pushups each day to strengthen my body.”)
- Support: (Verb) To bear or hold up. Give assistance to. (Noun) The act of supporting.
(“I have found great support through our author and speaker mastermind group.”)
- Uplift: (Verb) To lift up, improve, raise, elevate.
(“Reading an encouraging book can instantly uplift your mood!”)
Which one of these is your favorite? Contact me and let me know!
What’s another word for encourage that you like?
Please leave me your ideas and comments here!